Monday, January 12, 2009

Josh: Like Looking For A Needle In Something Watery And Ocean-Sized

Damn. Mom, I am so sorry. Look, I'm not going to let Jeff rot in prison forever. We're going to do our best here to recover the knife, but if we can't do it- if it looks like we're getting nowhere I'll turn myself in.

I never even thanked him for saving your life. Too busy, too much else going on... and I guess I just took him for granted a little bit. Man, I can't believe this. Just try and hang on, Mom. I'm sure you'll be able to get another caretaker who's less of an *sshole, and hopefully we'll have this thing wrapped up soon so you can get Jeff back.

I wish we had some more promising news, but Mary, Keane, Lachlan and I just spent the entire day puttering around Wardang Island and up and down the coast looking for the Liberator with no luck. I'm not sure what we expected to find as we're only here on the thinnest excuse for a hunch anyway, but we'll get right back at it tomorrow. There were lots of whales, which was awesome, though I didn't see any of them because Keane wore a bikini top the whole time and the sea was bouncy. Er, rough. The sea was rough. I was told about the whales, though, and that's what's important.

After we spent the day out at sea we went back to Keane's trailer for some "barbie" and "tinnies", or bbq and cans of beer. You know, for white people who purport to speak English, these Aussies go pretty far out of their way to obscurify their lingo (which is probably a cross between a lemur and a dingo in this "alternate Earth" language. And by the way, a dingo is just a damn dog. What, "dog" wasn't short and to the point enough? Jerks.)

Any ideas you guys might have as to where or how to find this damn boat, don't keep them inside. Frankly, we're flailing a bit here. I had just kind've hoped that we would have stumbled onto it somehow, but... not to be, at least not yet.

No comments: