Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Yoshida: 18

I am leaving this vile city and going home to Kyoto. There doesn't seem to be anything further for me to accomplish here in Nagasaki.

I'm certain to your eyes Nagasaki would seem quite foreign, but after it was rebuilt by MacArthur it reeks of the West.


The concept of magic vexes me. I think of things in terms of science, numbers and statistics, but I must grudgingly admit that recent events have shown I must expand my horizons. I have been poring over tomes of "magic" from the library; books that are geared more to the actual practice of magic than the New Age gibberish you might hear bandied about in some crystal shop.

One thing that stood out to me in this current volume is a chapter on "temples", or the actual places where a magician performs his operation. While on Wardang Island, see if you can find something along those lines. And send me all pertinent data from the local towns, including population, birth and death rates and all economic indicators. Do not fail again as you did back in Hollis Crossroads.

No comments: