Monday, December 15, 2008

Pierce: Setting It Straight

Mary wrote:

-You are an agent for Homeland Security but you're going under a false name here?
I am communicating with wanted individuals (again, officially, I urge you to turn yourselves in) and at this point am pretty much the definition of "off the reservation", so any legal buffers I can get I'm going to take.
-You tapped someones phone in Japan?
See point one about being "off the reservation". A "by the book" agent would never have found out about the Human Calicivirus to begin with, though my methods do make a conviction in a court of law problematic.
-You're prepared to believe all the crazy stuff that's in this archive, and will even go so far as to send someone to Russia on an offhand reference from a crazy person that killed themselves literally moments after they wrote it?
Over the past year I have seen crimes committed that I could not even hope to explain. As mad as these journals are, they answer questions that have long troubled me. When I get the pieces to a puzzle, I just put it together without worrying about what I'll be thought of for it. I see the pieces I've been looking for in here, and as insane as they are, they fit. Now I want more, and I see Kiev as a possibility. My willingness to "think outside the box" has not endeared me to my agency, but I'm usually effective enough that I get a relatively free hand.
Josh wrote:

-So he was lying about being a Doctor? Anything else we should know?
He wasn't lying. He has a Doctorate in Mathematics. Kisho Yoshida's registered I.Q. is in the world top 50.


I'm going to send a man to Kiev. Again, equating this "Taras" with Hollis means that the trip will be extremely hazardous, so I'm sending someone expendable. There's an ex-con named Ricky Tate who's done business with the Russian mob and has a grasp of the language, so I'll have him go and look into it for us. Cynthia, I'll need you to set up a separate account so he can post here, but can't read the archives. You don't want scum like Tate poking around in your private business, believe me.

No comments: