Monday, October 27, 2008

Josh: Good Morning, Angels

Thumbing away on the Blackberry as Mary drives...

...Is it wrong that I took far longer to order at Starbucks than Mary did? I feel like I failed a man-test on that one.

...Mary has long blond hair that curls at the ends, blue eyes and is dressed in an impossibly well-ironed suit. I haven't shaved in four days and am wearing a flannel shirt that I thought I could wear just one more time without washing. I was wrong.

I feel like I'm on a car ride with my parole officer.

...I ask Mary, if she was a Charlie's Angel, which one would she be? She's mulling it over.

...We're in the neighborhood of the accident now. My stomach is churning just seeing these buildings again. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling a sense of dread. The night of the crash, racing over here and seeing all those flashing red lights, then seeing my Mom getting pulled out of the Mustang with the Jaws of Life. F*ck, I never wanted to come back here.

...Mary says Jaclyn Smith, with a touch of Kate Jackson, avoiding the obvious surface answer of Farrah because of the blond hair. Very solid answer.

...A block away from Mrs. Mxyzptlk's house now, right across from the site of the crash. I'm thinking of John Wayne, Chuck Norris, Humphrey Bogart and any other tough movie guy I can right now in an effort not to cry in front of Mary.

...I ask Mary which of the "new" Charlie's Angels girls she's most like: Drew Barrymore, Lucy Liu or Cameron Diaz. She reminds me that she's armed.

...We're at the house. It's a cross between a bungalow and a cape cod- a nice brick number, well-maintained. Hope this goes well. If she can identify the truck, that would be absolutely huge.

No comments: