Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mary: Mrs. Walentowicz, Addendum

I awoke today after a restless night of sleep and wanted to add one more thing I couldn't put my finger on yesterday. During our interview, Mrs. Walentowicz was extremely fidgety, constantly in nervous motion. She would sit down only for a minute at a time, then rise to shuffle about on the linoleum floor, or run her fingers over her BINGO charm necklace and bracelet (I didn't even know these things existed. I stupidly didn't get a photo of one, but I found a picture on the Internet, at right). Obviously the nicotine and caffeine had to be factors in her behaviour, but it seemed to go deeper than that. She was extremely helpful, and I do feel that she kept nothing back during our conversation, but there was just something off about her.

When I asked her more than once if she was all right, she told me that she hadn't slept well since the accident. That was five months ago, which is quite a long time to be haunted by an event that happened to someone you've never even met and didn't actually see.

I don't know why, and I don't think she does either, but looking back on it I believe that this poor woman is absolutely terrified.

If it takes me longer than a week to identify the truck, I plan to go back and visit her again. Not for information, but just so I can do what I can to get her some psychological help

No comments: