Monday, October 27, 2008

Mary: Murder on 18th Street

Mrs. Howland, after Josh's last post, you must be mad with worry, so let me assure you that we are both all right, albeit shaken. We're both in the car warming up and waiting to speak further to the detective in charge. I'll try and go over events as best I can, though I'm not sure how far into detail I can go at the moment.

Josh and I walked up the steps to Mrs. Walentowicz's house and I noticed that the door was ajar. I rang the bell four times, then knocked twice and finally entered, Josh following behind. Upon stepping into the house there was a foul odor, and Josh and I looked at each other, knowing something was wrong. I led him into the kitchen as that seemed to be where she spent most of her time.

What we saw in that kitchen... I have never seen anything so utterly horrible. I wish I could be as professional about this as I would like to be, but the fact is I have never had an experience like this before. Even seasoned, veteran police officers retched upon viewing it.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Spread out on the kitchen table were the remains of Mrs. Walentowicz, and her head was...

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to take some time to compose myself. Mrs. Walentowicz is dead, and her murderer is still on the loose. I'll have details for you as soon as I can.

No comments: