Sunday, November 16, 2008

Josh: I Need A Kevin Costner-Type From "The Bodyguard". Actually, Considering How His Career Is Going, I Could Probably Just Hire Kevin Costner

I woke up and yelled a word that would have been partially censored had I posted it when I saw that the time was 4:00 in the damn afternoon. I was so tired this morning that I fell asleep without setting an alarm. Mary, it's too late for you to fly down here in time for it to still be "today". I mapquested Hollis Crossroads, and it'll take me at least an hour and a half to drive there.

I've made up my mind to go to the meet, obviously. I took your advice about not going alone, though, and contacted a security firm I looked up here in Atlanta. It's obviously about as rush a job as you can get, and I shudder to imagine the bill that my Mom's going to get, but there is no way I'm going to some random spot in the middle of nowhere alone. I'll be picking up the bodyguard on my way out of town. (Below: the cat is the evil foe, the dog is my bodyguard and I'm the tiny, terrified, pampered, pathetic mouse in the baby carriage. Wait, this isn't helping me...)

Mary, your comment about the mystery man's accent possibly being Japanese made me finally recognize what the accent actually was. It wasn't Japanese- in fact, that suggestion worked for me because the accent sounded essentially like the exact opposite of Japanese. It was Australian. Guess that rules out it being the lab assistant Tanaka, unless he learned to speak English while working with your father on Wardang Island, Kisho. Did he?

I'm out of time. Just in case, I'm storing the entire file box in the hotel safe. I don't want to take a chance on taking it with me and losing it. I'll give you an update on the Blackberry when I get to this place, assuming I get any reception there. It looks pretty rural and remote. Wish me luck.

No comments: