Monday, November 24, 2008

Mary: APB and FBI

October 29th, 2008: After calling Yoshida I fell asleep for just a few hours, setting my alarm so that I could place calls early in the day. It's now just past dawn and Josh is still sleeping fitfully, but while I am quite concerned about his concussion I don't want to wake him.

A quick check on the local news links and a few anonymous calls have confirmed that there is now an All Points Bulletin out on Josh. He's listed as a person of interest in at least four deaths, and as he is from out of state and the circumstances are so remarkable, the FBI is already involved.

Obviously, I'm well aware that in assisting Josh now I'm aiding and abetting, and in so doing am putting my license, livelihood and freedom in jeopardy, but I am absolutely convinced of his innocence and simply refuse to allow him to be ushered into a cell for the rest of his life for a crime he did not commit. We have got to find both the old man and the driver of the semi truck, and we need to do it fast. I realize that this has gone far, far beyond a murder investigation, but despite all the surrounding insanity our goal remains the same: hunt down the killer and bring him to justice. All that has really changed are the stakes, and the degree of difficulty.

No comments: