Monday, November 17, 2008

Yoshida: 5

The sooner I have the box the sooner I can identify the strain of Calcivirus within the rabbit's foot, Stroud. Try and remember that.

I have taken an interest in the town and surrounding area of Hollis Crossroads. Examining numbers taken from admittedly unreliable Internet sources, I have been cross-referencing them extensively and found them to be anomalous. Population density, the shifting of the local economy, mortality rates, local industry, tourism... all of these statistics when looked at and taken in as a whole are simply wrong. I have never seen its like. The town's population has stayed more or less the same ever since the town has been in existence, while jobs seemed to decline virtually to nothing over a hundred years ago. What is it that they do there? How is income generated? Their forests are rotted and useless for lumber, they have no mines, no mills, no craftsmen and nothing of any interest to any tourist. How is this town still alive? I want further raw data.

Stroud, go to the hall of public records and fetch me hard information, everything you can find about the township for the past hundred or so years. Building permits, zoning, marriage licenses and birth and death certificates.

Also, I want a sample of insects taken from around the town, preferably from within the forest.

No comments: