Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cynthia: Magus

/RUN

WELCOME TO THE DRAGON NATURALLYSPEAKING PREFERRED SOFTWARE PROGRAM! THANK YOU FOR UPGRADING TO OUR NEW "PREFERRED" PACKAGE, NOW WITH MORE FEATURES THAN EVER BEFORE!


SELECT MODE: WOULD YOU LIKE TO CREATE, EDIT OR DELETE A FILE?

YOU HAVE SELECTED TO CREATE A DOCUMENT. SIMPLY BEGIN TO TALK AND THE DRAGON NATURALLYSPEAKING PREFERRED SOFTWARE WILL DO THE REST! AFTER YOU HAVE CREATED YOUR DOCUMENT, DON'T FORGET TO EDIT IT FOR ERROR CORRECTION.


DOCUMENT: CYNTHIA: MAGUS


He is coming. We heard a noise and Detective Ward went downstairs to see, though I begged him not to. There are footsteps now, coming back up the stairs. Detective Ward? Detective? Gar###


VOLUME ERROR: RECOMMENDED VOLUME EXCEEDED. PLEASE SPEAK MORE SOFTLY SO THAT THE DRAGON NATURALLYSPEAKING PREFERRED SOFTWARE'S PATENTED VOICE RECOGNITION SOFTWARE CAN RECOGNIZE YOUR VOCAL PATTERN. THIS VOLUME ERROR IDENTIFICATION CAN BE EASILY REMOVED FROM YOUR DOCUMENT IN EDIT MODE.


It is his body. Detective Ward's pistol has been forced down his throat with only the very tip of the hand grip showing. Oh, God. Another good man. How many? Oh, God. I see you in the hallway, Garrett. The lights are out but I recognize your silhouette. Come in, Garrett. Come in. I know that you are not the Magician. Yes, that's right. My, you have changed. What a great, big smile you have. Do stand aside, Garrett, and let your master in. Now, you. Magician. The Great Gagasti. Come and stand before me, monster. Did you believe I would beg? Did you imagine I would ever surrender to you? I am made of sterner stuff, as is my son. I do thank you for one thing: before this I never knew for certain if Joshua had the same cold iron running through his veins. Now I know, and I die knowing that he will destroy you utterly. Do not lurk out in the hall, Magician. Come to me. Come sit by me as you have so many times before, Jeffrey. Leopold really did do his best. The paintings were a spirited attempt. Eighteen thirty-one. So many clues, and how you must have laughed. Was it merely to taunt us, or does the date have more meaning? How you grinned when you recommended a new tea set for the dining room. Gorham silver, how you insisted upon it. Gorham silver, founded in eighteen thirty-one. How you must have enjoyed offering me the use of your apartment after I was attacked by your minion, knowing that I would refuse but mentioning that I might find your pet beagle irritating should I actually accept. In eighteen thirty-one, Charles Darwin embarked on his historic voyage to the Galapagos Islands aboard the HMS Beagle. Eighteen thirty-one. So many clues. You were such a magnificent actor. Your one slip was your expression when you shot your minion. You should have looked horrified, but instead you appeared only annoyed. But it was the only blemish on an otherwise virtuoso performance. Did you insure that Independence First would send a parade of dunces to me before you swept in, guaranteeing that I would select you to be my caregiver? You were wonderful, Jeffrey. I believed in you. I###


ERROR. PLEASE PRONOUNCE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY. PLEASE REPEAT WORD. ERROR.


I am not grieving for myself. These tears are for you, Jeffrey. Not for the Great Gagasti or whatever you call yourself. These tears are for Jeffrey. I grieve for the good, kind, intelligent, educated man I knew. I pity you, Magician. You are far less than your own artifice. You have nothing to say? Very well. Sit a minute. I do appreciate you allowing me this, despite it all. Joshua, Mary... I know you will defeat him. I have not the slightest doubt. In truth, I never planned on continuing to live once I had my revenge for Scott. Oh, Scott, at least now I can be with you once again. No one made me laugh like you, my love. Mary, look after my son, now. He is rising from his chair. Very well, Jeffrey. No time to edit what I have written? Now that is cruel, you know how I prefer to have every "T" crossed and every "I" he is staring at me. His eyes are so dark. They are dark as... they are black. Even in this darkened room they are like twin ebon fires burning. The darkness... such Stygian hate, such malevolence... how could a thing such as you ever even pretend to know love? It moved. From the corner of my eye I saw it. It did it again. My finger. My index finger moved. I could not feel it but I saw it. Again. My hand twitched. My God, I can move my###


VOLUME ERROR: RECOMMENDED VOLUME EXCEEDED. PLEASE SPEAK MORE SOFTLY SO THAT THE DRAGON NATURALLYSPEAKING PREFERRED SOFTWARE'S PATENTED VOICE RECOGNITION SOFTWARE CAN RECOGNIZE YOUR VOCAL PATTERN. THIS VOLUME ERROR IDENTIFICATION CAN BE EASILY REMOVED FROM YOUR DOCUMENT IN EDIT MODE.


The fingers of my hand are moving. They are... they are pulling. My hand is... dragging itself. My own right hand is pulling itself up to my face. Stop it. Make it stop. My hand is clawing, pulling at my robe up my chest. Burn in Hell. Burn in Hell, monster. My fingers are pawing at my chin, trying to climb up on my face and into my###


ERROR. PLEASE PRONOUNCE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY. PLEASE REPEAT WORD. ERROR.


He smiles that smile. Damn you forever. Kill him. Kill him. My own hand crawling###


ERROR. PLEASE PRONOUNCE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY. PLEASE REPEAT WORD. ERROR.


Fingers in my mouth. I###


ERROR. PLEASE PRONOUNCE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY. PLEASE REPEAT WORD. ERROR.


I###


ERROR. PLEASE PRONOUNCE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY. PLEASE REPEAT WORD. ERROR.


FATAL EXCEPTION ERROR. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR OWNERS MANUAL FOR FURTHER INFORMATION. THANK YOU FOR PURCHASING DRAGON NATURALLYSPEAKING PREFERRED SOFTWARE!



WOULD YOU LIKE TO EDIT DOCUMENT? (Y/N)

YOU HAVE SELECTED NOT TO EDIT DOCUMENT. WOULD YOU LIKE TO PUBLISH THIS DOCUMENT? (Y/N)

PUBLISHING DOCUMENT

No comments: