Friday, February 6, 2009

Mary: Setting Sail

November 12th, 2008:

While it wasn't perhaps the best possible introduction to the ship's crew to have Josh screaming obscenities at his computer screen in our cabin the first night, it was at least nice to see someone besides me yelling after receiving one of Yoshida's posts for a change.

The Reliant has just set sail (not that it has sails. I'm going to have to brush up on my nautical terms, I suppose) and Josh is fully settled in and playing his video games. So far the crew has been businesslike and reasonably polite, clearly used to having the occasional passenger on board. The ship is totally utilitarian and without any charm whatsoever, and my biggest regret before leaving the dock was not buying a vase of flowers and some throw pillows (below: the exact opposite of our cabin).

Also making life interesting is that the ship's captain was under the impression that Josh and I were married, so we only got one cabin with one full size bunk, but we're making do.

No comments: