Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mary: The Reliant

November 11th, 2008:

Mrs. Howland, I've considered shipping either the knife or the charms (or the top hat and cape) separately, but I just don't trust letting them out of my sight. We fought so hard to get them, and coincidences seem to occur so often in the Magician's favor that I've decided, with reservations, to keep them with us.

As to informing on us, please go right ahead. Homeland Security probably already has the information anyway so I don't know that it will do any good, but at least it will give you the appearance of cooperating. Jeff's incarceration is really weighing on Josh and I, so if there's anything else you can think of that we can do to help on that front, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Josh and I have managed to book passage to Guam. As we'd need to use our fake identification to get a hotel room (and our I.D.'s have been flagged by the police), we're just going to board the ship and stay there tonight in dock. It's a large cargo ship called the Reliant (Sample photo below. Not the exact same ship, but close.), a name that caused Josh to jump up and down with glee. "That's the name of Khan's ship in Star Trek II! Awesomeness incarnate!"

"What happened to it in the movie?"

He shrugged. "Oh, it was utterly destroyed, all hands murdered. The original captain had a mind controlling bug in his brain and killed himself, too. Hey, will they have X-Box Live on board, do you think?"

While I put my head in my hands and tried to think happy thoughts, Josh dashed out to an electronics store and bought something called an "Iridium Beam Remote Satellite Modem", which is a fancy name for a gadget that will allow him to play X-Box games with other fourteen year-olds around the world as we travel, just in case there's no Internet connection on board the ship. So that's a relief.

I'll post again when we're out to sea tomorrow.

Oh, and Yoshida, thanks for the tip on our blown cover. And please thank your uncles for their help in getting us through customs into Japan.

No comments: